Monday 7 April 2014

How well do you look after the basics?







I'm not talking about getting your 5 + a day or making sure you have regular beauty therapy appointments, its more about keeping your key, basic pieces looking sharp.

Are your white T-shirts still white and holding their shape.  Are you blacks really black?  Does your "go-to" black jacket have shiny lapels or missing buttons on the arms.  And Oh I hate to sound like my dear old Mum but are your shoes polished and scuff free??

Each season I get out my basics and review them.  Often I spend one months budget on a VERY unsatisfactory shopping trip to replace my basics; white T-shirt, black singlet, black pants, slip grips for my shoes that have worn away, nude bra…  It is no where near the excitement as coming home and hanging up a new coat or spraying gorgeous new red suede heals BUT when you are racing out the door with your basics looking FABULOUS it all pays off.

No comments:

Post a Comment